fbpx
In 1957, on the county road SP 235 Altamura- Santeramo, at the 9,5 km, into the property area of the City Museum Archive Library of Altamura, it was discovered this tomb from the old Bronze Age. Behind a chalky stone, they were buried 16 bodies with a mortuary equipment of bowls and the famous “Globuli” bone made of ovine bones which function is still unknown. In the same area have been found also other Peucetii tombs from the VI century.
All the rests are visible in the national Archaeological Museum in Altamura.

CicloMurgia Activities

X