Bike tour on the Apulian Aqueduct Bike Line (daily excursion)
We show you the best corner of the Itria Valley, we’ll ride our bike through unusual itineraries, touching the authentic hospitality of the people who live these wonderful places.
Activity Level Fairly Easy
Group Size Min People
We start from the "Perle di Memoria" Museum in Locorotondo, then we move to the Apulian Aqueduct Bike Line, a short bike lane, 15km, but with a particular significance: it is the first part of the most famous acqueduct of Italy. This bike lane ends in Figazzano (Cisternino area) where it's sited the botanical conservatory I Giardini di Pomona. Here biodiversity expresses itself through thousand different ancient fruit varieties coming from all over the world, many of which were saved from extinction. This is a magic place; the ten hectares covered by the conservatory are part of a fascinating landscape and are entirely run following organic methods, joining conservation purposes with low-impact tourism. A memorable jump into biodiversity. Thousand different fruit tree varieties for an historical and botanical journey across traditional and rare plants. The largest collection is dedicated to the species Ficus carica and includes 560 varieties, making it one of the largest fig collections in the whole Mediterranean.
The bike tour finsh in Locorotondo, the same place where it started.
CHARACTERISTIC OF THE ITINERARY
- Bike and helmet
- Nature guide
- Insurance (car insurance)
- Transfer to the place of departure of the tour
- Visit to the Pomona Garden
- Visit to the "Perle di Memoria" Museum in Locorotondo
- Vestitevi con abbigliamento sportivo... evitate jeans;
- sono scomodissimi;
- munitevi di k-way e maglietta di ricambio...non si sa mai...;
- se avete pantaloncini da ciclista, quelli col fondino imbottito, usateli!
- un piccolo zainetto, per trasportare acqua e cibo;
- una buona scorta d'acqua;
- un paio di occhiali da sole può evitare lo spiacevole inconveniente di insetti negli occhi in discesa.