“THE DAZZLING RED” (to the bauxite quarry in mountain bike)
The quarries of bauxite: in the magical atmosphere of these places bright red of stones mixes with glowing red of the sunset
Holiday TypeBicycle Excursion, Guided Tours
Activity Level Moderate
Group Size Min People
The itinerary, 35 km about, is characterised by gravel tracks easily crossed by bicycle, crossing three types of landscape.
1) One section is characterised by extensive grain crops which in the Spring colour green the gentle slopes and in the Summer tint yellow the grain buds that grow under the scorching sun in await of the harvest.
2) A forested area of conifers where it’s possible to enjoy the fresh shade of the pines, even in the hottest hours of the sultry summer days.
3) The last section of the trail proceeds along the highest and most panoramic part of Murgian ridge.
When the sky is limpid, from the ridge it is possible to catch a glimpse of the Lucan Appennine.
We will reach the quarries of bauxite: in the magical atmosphere of these places bright red of stones mixes with glowing red of the sunset.
- Bike and helmet
- Nature guide
- Insurance - RC
- Round trip transfer from your accommodation with our van (Euro 10 extra)
This service is available only from Trani, Bisceglie, Corato (2 persons min)
- Wear sport clothes
- k- way and a change of clothes
- If you have bike shorts, use it!
- Water supply
- Sun glasses